Version 0.02 – we’ll continue to update this as we refine the images and details available.
If you are looking for something and cannot find it please e-mail us at email@example.com
You are a heroic raider with dreams of glory and you have been summoned to prepare for the final conflict. Will you fail your world and watch it sundered by cataclysm and doom? Or will you change its fate? From Arcanum Worlds, creators of Odyssey of the Dragonlords, Raiders of the Serpent Sea is an epic adventure book for the 5th Edition of the world’s greatest roleplaying game.
Raiders of the Serpent Sea is an epic adventure book for the 5th Edition of the world’s greatest roleplaying game.
In the nearly forgotten long ago, the survivors of a vanquished civilization fled the cruel giants and demons devastating their home world. In desperation, the heroes of that time unleashed primal magics to create a safe haven for those they protected. They ushered the last of the mortals through a portal into this new world.
Covered in dark forests, ruled by sinister monstrosities, and with a storm-tossed sea connecting the many disjointed islands, this new world, Grimnir, is full of dangers. To survive, the people, now known as raiders, learned to sail that serpent filled sea, learned to survive in this impossible world. They sail with pride… and the strongest take what they need from both the land and any foolish enough to stand in their way.
Yet things are changing. In the recent long winters, and in the eerie colors splashing against the winter night’s sky, the seers have seen troubling signs. Have ancient evils from the long ago finally found Grimnir?
You are a heroic raider with dreams of glory and you have been summoned to prepare for the final conflict. Will you fail Grimnir and watch it sundered by cataclysm and doom? Or will you defeat the threat from the eaters-of-worlds and finally put to an end the great cycle of doom?
- 250-page hardcover book with spectacular illustrations
- 50-page softcover player’s guide
- An epic campaign that takes player character’s from levels 1 to 10 (and beyond!)
- Details the new world of Grimnir — a land inspired by the mighty Norse gods, the historical vikings popular today, and all centred around the cycle of Ragnarok. Raiders of the Serpent Sea is compatible with other popular campaign settings.
- An optional bridging scenario connects Thylea (Odyssey of the Dragonlords) and Grimnir (Raiders of the Serpent Sea)
- Written and designed by Brent Knowles, lead designer on Neverwinter Nights & Dragon Age: Origins
- Visit https://www.arcanumworlds.com for regular blogs about the development of Raiders of the Serpent Sea
- A 30-page preview edition of the Player’s Guide to Raiders of the Serpent Sea (in pdf format) will be released during fall 2021.
Centuries ago, upon a vast, beautiful, and wondrous world, a horde of shape changing fiends known as the Yoten destroyed the heroic Vanir. The survivors fled to a new world, Grimnir.
Vast and inhospitable, many died in the early years. Yet, it was a place to rebuild.
Generations pass but the memory of the old world’s death is never forgotten. Their descendants, the raiders, are ever vigilant and watch for the Yoten’s return. You are one such, a hero destined by fate to bear witness to Grimnir’s destruction-and perhaps fated to finally break your people free of the cycle of destruction and rebirth known as Ragnarok.
Raiders of the Serpent Sea is an epic fantasy campaign for the fifth edition of the world’s greatest roleplaying game. This booklet will provide you with all the details and rules required to begin your career as a heroic raider in the ill-fated world of Grimnir.
• The World of Grimnir. Introduces the world, its origins, and the major historical events. It also includes details about the raiding clans and their main adversaries. Learn about the cursed gods known as the Stone Court, the wealthy kingdoms that threaten the clans, and the power of sacrifice.
• New Class Archetypes. Includes ranger, bard, and wizard archetypes that help bring to life the different raider clans.
• New Player Races. includes rules for playing the Wicker and Tallfolk. The Wicker are creatures formed from wood and infused with the primal magic that birthed Grimnir whereas the Tallfolk are the mysterious offspring of giants.
• All Backgrounds are Epic. Includes four epic backgrounds for players to choose from. These backgrounds create additional motivations for your hero and weave their personal stories into the core campaign.