This is my year end summary of my writing endeavors for 2010.
Not surprisingly (given my ability to write full-time) this was my most productive writing year. I wrote in excess of 400 000 words, including my novel Latelander and a second novel. My word count goal for the year had been 240 000 words so I greatly exceeded that. I also wrote eight stories or so, exceeding my goal of six.
The only goal I didn’t achieve was making my second pro sale (my first pro sale was to the Writers of the Future contest).
New Stories Published in 2010
- “Digital Rights” — Writers of the Future XXVI, 2010
- “John’s List” — War of the Worlds Frontlines Anthology, 2010
- “The Kol Effect” — Neo-opsis, 2010
- “The Monastery” — Not One of Us – Hidden, 2010
- “A Ragman’s Vow” A Thousand Faces, 2010
- “The Daughter’s Oath” Through Blood and Iron, Ricasso Press, TBD
- “Touch the Dead” On Spec Magazine, TBD
- “Stealing Death” — Necrotic Tissue #13, 2011
– Attended the Writers of the Future ceremony over the summer
– Joined Empire Avenue as a consultant