So in the last couple weeks I have reached a few milestones on the social network exchange Empire Avenue and I thought I would share them with you today.
- I sold my 105 000th share!
- I reached 1000 shareholders… yes that means over a thousand people paid cold hard virtual currency to buy pieces of me
- I own almost 2000 people (but I recently sold a bunch of slackers)
- My share price passed the 82 eaves mark (eaves are the currency of the Empire and based on my calculations will probably replace the US dollar in 4-5 years*).
- I bought hundreds of shares in ‘newcomers’ like Intel, Ford, and Toyota
- I gained my 500th Twitter follower, which while not a particularly high number isn’t too shabby for a guy who is not all that twitter-talkative (I prefer conversing on Empire Avenue). About 450 of those followers I gained because of my involvement with Empire Avenue.
- I think this is my 15th post discussing Empire Avenue. You can read the others here
If numbers bore you…
The one number that I think the most important is also the hardest to calculate. And that’s the number of truly amazing individuals I’ve had meaningful conversations with since meeting them on Empire Avenue. From them I have learned so much about social networking, politics, the environment, literature, and other topics over the past year that it is mind boggling.
Anybody looking at Empire Avenue and saying ‘this is just a game’ or ‘this is just a popularity contest’ is completely missing the point. If you want to meet and more importantly engage with the world you need to be part of Empire Avenue.
Anyways I need to get back to writing!
* I can’t actually reveal the source of my calculations but it involves chickens.
** I am a contractor with Empire Avenue so some of my views might be considered biased… that said I accepted the position months after being a hardcore fan of the product.
|START A CAREER IN GAME DESIGN||AWARD WINNING SCIENCE FICTION||COMPLETE SERIES|